• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Views : 7,859
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello

I want to learn how to write a diary to record my daily activities. Are there any examples on the website that I can read. I want to improve my writing skill.

thank you

TheJoker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I just use a Microsof Word document. For example:

May 19, 2010
Wednesday

TextTextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextTextText

May 20, 2010
Thursday

TextTextTextTextTextText
TextTextTextTextTextText

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It entirely depends on the point of the diary. Are you going to write it in advance, so that you can look at it and see what you're going to be doing on any specific day? Or are you going to write it in arrears, like a record of what you did?

If it's in advance, I would say that you just need a simple layout like the one shown in the previous response:

Thursday May 20th 2010

- Buy food
- Send email to Dave
- Get hair cut
- Job interview 2pm at Green House, High Street.

That's more like a "To Do" list, and might not help your English writing
though!

However, if you're going to "write a diary" as children (and adults!) are sometimes advised to do, as a sort of therapeutic exercise, then you would write in whole sentences and paragraphs.

Thursday May 20th 2010

I woke up feeling out of sorts, though I didn't know why. I didn't sleep very well last night and had bad dreams, so maybe that's the reason. Once I'd had breakfast and been for a short walk in the park, I felt much happier and ready to face the day. The argument I had at work last week was still preying on my mind and I really need to let that go. I met Peter in town and we had a great lunch at a new restaurant - I must take my sister there next time she visits - she'll love it.

As you can see, that would be much better for your writing practice!

TheJoker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
However, if you're going to "write a diary" as children (and adults!) are sometimes advised to do, as a sort of therapeutic exercise, then you would write in whole sentences and paragraphs.

Thursday May 20th 2010

I woke up feeling out of sorts, though I didn't know why. I didn't sleep very well last night and had bad dreams, so maybe that's the reason. Once I'd had breakfast and been for a short walk in the park, I felt much happier and ready to face the day. The argument I had at work last week was still preying on my mind and I really need to let that go. I met Peter in town and we had a great lunch at a new restaurant - I must take my sister there next time she visits - she'll love it.

As you can see, that would be much better for your writing practice!

This is what exactly I have been doing for one month. It has helped me a lot.

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello

I want to learn how to write a diary to record my daily activities. Are there any examples on the website that I can read. I want to improve my writing skill.

thank you

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Good morning.

Please remember that this website has an excellent forum called

"Editing and Writing Topics."

You can post a few sentences there every few days, and many

people will eagerly read them and make helpful suggestions.

Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.