Diagramming Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalata22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Was wondering if someone could help me diagram the following quote by Albert Einstein.

"[FONT=&quot]Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty.”[/FONT]

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Was wondering if someone could help me diagram the following quote by Albert Einstein.

"[FONT=&quot]Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty.”[/FONT]

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Good afternoon, Catalata.

(1) You asked for someone to "diagram" your sentence,

(2) For some people, the word "diagram" refers to the tree diagram of

transformational grammar or the old system called Reed-Kellogg.

(3) Perhaps you really want someone to tell you the parts of speech

in your sentence. Am I right? If I am, then maybe you could get more

people to help you if you use the word "analyze" or "parse."

(4) At this website, there is an excellent forum called "Analyzing and

Diagramming Sentences."

(a) Just go to that forum and type in your question. Request that someone "analyze" your sentence.

(b) If you want a Reed-Kellogg diagram, an expert there will do it for you, too.

(5) Please let me just analyze the main parts of Dr. Einstein's statement:

Teaching (subject) + should be (verb) + such (adjective) + that (conjunction) + What is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty (adverbial clause of result that modifies "such").

I'm sorry that I do not have enough confidence to explain every part of the adverbial clause. I do not want to give you any incorrect information.

If no one else replies, just go to that forum at this website that I have told you about. Some people will be delighted to help you.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.