• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Post Is it correct?

Since you are not satisfied with the work we have done at item # 2, we deducted the corresponding manpower hours and material cost from the total amount.

Also, note that as urgently, we only carried out this work at your immediate request.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Is it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MAJSH View Post
    Since you are not satisfied with the work we have done at item # 2, we deducted the corresponding manpower hours and material cost from the total amount.

Also, note that as urgently, we only carried out this work at your immediate request.
    As you were not satisfied with the work we carried out on Item no 2, we have deducted the corresponding labour and material costs from the total bill.

Please note that we carried out this work as a result of your urgent request.

**Note: I'm not quite sure what you meant in the second sentence so I have guessed. Did you mean that the work that was done on Item no 2 was as a result of the person/company asking you to do it immediately?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

yes, we have been asked to do this particuar job immediately and also, they didn't give us enough time to do this job as required.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by MAJSH View Post
    yes, we have been asked to do this particuar job immediately and also, they didn't give us enough time to do this job as required.
    In that case, you could try to make that point by changing the second sentence to something like:

Please note, however, that the work was carried out at extremely short notice as a result of your urgent request. In future, we would be grateful for more notice so that we have time to do the job to our own high standards.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    As you were not satisfied with the work we carried out on Item no 2, we have deducted the corresponding labour and material costs from the total bill. This should read 'under item no. 2' (or possibly 'in accordance with item no. 2', or alternatively perhaps 'under paragraph 2', which is much more common in legal documents, though I would have to see 'no. 2' before I could be sure) if item no. 2 is part of an inventory of work carried out. To say 'carried out work on item no. 2', 'item no. 2' would have to be the name of a building or an object on which work was carried out.

Please note that we carried out this work as a result of your urgent request.

**Note: I'm not quite sure what you meant in the second sentence so I have guessed. Did you mean that the work that was done on Item no 2 was as a result of the person/company asking you to do it immediately?
    Bertie