Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Good morning to all!

When you want to talk about films/movies which are musicals. What do you call them? Musical movies/films? just musicals?. Or is the word "musical" only used when you can see it in theatre?.

And a different question. In the sentence "You can find more information on/in the text below" for example. Would you choose "on" or "in"?

Thank you very much!

M.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Good morning to all!

When you want to talk about films/movies which are musicals. What do you call them? Musical movies/films? just musicals?. Or is the word "musical" only used when you can see it in theatre?.

And a different question. In the sentence "You can find more information on/in the text below" for example. Would you choose "on" or "in"?

Thank you very much!

M.

In BrE, I would say "musical films" as we use "films" more than "movies". I would agree that a musical is generally understood to mean one that you see on stage at the theatre.

You can find more information in the text below. More simply, however, you can find more information below.

MASM

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
In BrE, I would say "musical films" as we use "films" more than "movies". I would agree that a musical is generally understood to mean one that you see on stage at the theatre.
Ok, I'd use musical film then:)
You can find more information in the text below. More simply, however, you can find more information below.
. I know, but I have to refer to a particular text, I've seen in and on the text and I wasn't sure which one to use.
Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.