Online ESL teaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkler

Member Type
English Teacher
I am an experienced ESL / EFL teacher and I want to teach students from all over the world online via messenger or Skype.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some advice about the best way to go about advertising for potential students. Are there any reputable teaching websites where I can advertise for free? Is there inexpensive software / training available for teaching lessons online?

Many thanks

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
There are a number of free links databases where you can post your site. Ours is here: ESL Web Directory
You can find some others here: Web Guides - ESL Web Directory - UsingEnglish.com
There's not much in the way of free advertising- most sites go for paid banners or text adverts.
You should be able to use free software like Skype, a whiteboard that will cover most needs without buying anything.

sparkler

Member Type
English Teacher
Hi Tdol

Could you let me know how I go about posting my site on ESL Directory?

Thanks

sparkler

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Here's the link: ESL Web Directory: Add a Link

Select this category: Tutors - ESL Web Directory - UsingEnglish.com
Keep the description short and factual about the site and please don't include contact details, etc in the description. I look in most days and rebuild the database so it should appear within a day. We check once a year or so to see if sites are still running.

Status
Not open for further replies.