Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Welcome!

Based on what you have just said,
Based on what you just said,

Which one is correct?
Both are correct, although the first one has the unnecessary word "have".

maxi223

Member Type
Student or Learner
our universities do not have a contract on student exchange programme so i am not able to spend a semester at the your university

our universities do not have contract about student exchange programmes so i am not able to spend a semester at the your university

How can i say it right?

thanks

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
our universities do not have a contract on student exchange programme so i am not able to spend a semester at the your university

our universities do not have contract about student exchange programmes so i am not able to spend a semester at the your university

How can i say it right?

thanks

'[Our]/[Unfortunately, our] university does not participate in any student exchange programmes so I am unable to spend a semester at your university'

OR if you are expressing regret, when otherwise you might have been able to attend the foreign university for a semester:

'Our university does not participate in any student exchange programmes so I am afraid I will be unable to spend a semester at your university'

But do you know for sure that no faculty (or department) in your university participates in an exchange programme? Could this not possibly be:

'Our faculty does not ...' (where 'faculty' covers several department, eg 'the Faculty of Languages' at a university might include French, German and Spanish departments) or 'Our department does not ...'

OR

'The [Name] Faculty at our university does not ..'/ The [Name] Department at our university does not ...'?

I note you use the plural 'universities' in your sentence and if that's intended, ignore the above. But what are you trying to say here then? Do you know for a fact that no university whatsoever in your country (if that's what you mean by 'our') offers an exchange programme? If so then you could, I suppose, write:

'Universities in Croatia do not participate in ...'

maxi223

Member Type
Student or Learner
firts, THANKS

I would not raise my hopes just yet OR
I would not raise my hopes UP just yet.. and why?

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
firts, THANKS

I would not raise my hopes just yet. :tick:
and why?
You don't need "up". "raise" means make higher.
When you are asking a new question, you should start a new thread with a new title.

Status
Not open for further replies.