Prepare the English Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy319

Member Type
Student or Learner
I will take an English test next month. The test is very important for me. It includes listening, speaking, reading and writing. I don't know how to prapare the listening, speaking and writing. Can you give me some advice. THANKS

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I will take an English test next month. The test is very important for me. It includes listening, speaking, reading and writing. I don't know how to prapare the listening, speaking and writing. Can you give me some advice. THANKS

Are you taking the CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)? That includes the four aspects you have mentioned. If so, you can download the handbook and sample papers from:
Cambridge ESOL: Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)

You can practice your writing skills by writing short pieces and posting them here for our comments. You can find listening comprehension practices on the internet. For example:

Listening Comprehension
Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab - For ESL/EFL Students

There are many more.

Speaking is more of a challenge. I assume you have an English teacher at the moment, or are you trying to get yourself through the exam? If you don't have a teacher, I would recommend at least finding yourself a native English speaker as a conversation partner for an hour a couple of times a week.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Which test is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.