Kindly, explain the difference between the below mentioned sentences:
1) Did you watch the movie?
2) Did you watched the movie?
PS: Generally, get confused when to use third form of verb and when not to use.
Not a teacher
We never use past form of verbs two times in a sentence.
I did'nt came. ( wrong),as did and came are both past form of verb.
I didnt come. ( right)
(1) Yes, English can be very confusing.
(2) But I have good news for you: the matter that confuses you
is really EASY.
(3) First, you have to know what "base form" means.
(a) It just means the form of the word that you find in the dictionary.
(i) For example, when you look in a dictionary, you always look for
"watch," "go," eat," -- NOT "watches," "goes," or "eats." Right?
(4) Now here is the SUPER easy rule:
After an auxiliary verb (such as DO, DOES, DID, CAN, WILL, MAY, SHOULD, etc.) you ALWAYS ( NO exceptions) use the base form.
DOES Tom WATCH the movie?
DID Tom WATCH the movie?
Tom DOES not WATCH the movie.
Tom DID not WATCH the movie.
Tom MAY/WILL/SHOULD/CAN watch the movie.
(5) Remember this easy rule, and you will NEVER make another mistake