[Idiom] Looking for "Learn By Example"-like books on making English sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi,

I am a new member here.

I am a student who has a dream to be an author of scientific topics in English language.

In scientific topics where all things must be well defined without ambiguities, we are forced to make statements that have to conform to strict grammar without ambiguities and have to consist of as few words as possible, etc.

Honestly, I often have some ideas in my mind but I have a barrier to express them in English. When I read a book and find a sentence that is almost similar to my idea, I document the sentence in my notebook to be used later.

If you have some books that can improve my english skill in building scientific sentences, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

regards,

Murid

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Which topics do you want to write about? You should immerse yourself in wide-ranging reading on the subject areas in as broad a sense as possible, from textbooks and academic journals to more popular journalism like magazines. Also, don't just focus on sample sentences because you need to look beyond the sentence at how sentences connect to create paragraphs and complete texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.