Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Dear teachers,

Recently I received an email from an Italian that he wrote, "Attached please find the document." What I want to ask is that why two words "attached" and "find" can be put together with "please" in between.

Could anyone help? Thanks!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear teachers,

Recently I received an email from an Italian that he wrote, "Attached please find the document." What I want to ask is that why two words "attached" and "find" can be put together with "please" in between.

Could anyone help? Thanks!

"Please find attached....." is a fairly regular phrase in emails, but I would say that I've never seen it with the word order that you quoted. This may simply be because it was written by a non-native.

- Please find attached the document you requested.
- Please find attached my worksheet for this month.

menueditor

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
"Please find attached....." is a fairly regular phrase in emails, but I would say that I've never seen it with the word order that you quoted. This may simply be because it was written by a non-native.

- Please find attached the document you requested.
- Please find attached my worksheet for this month.

Thanks a lot!

One more question, in "Please find attached the document you requested.", is "attached" an adjective or anything?? If it is an adjective, why can't we say: "Please find attached document you requested."

Status
Not open for further replies.