Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi all,

Is there anay specific difference between the two body postures? (if we can even call them 'postures', which I doubt)

And, as a natural disorder which one is used? (I thought "Hunched" would be the right word, from the film "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"...)

Many thanks...

corum

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Hi all,

Is there anay specific difference between the two body postures? (if we can even call them 'postures', which I doubt)

And, as a natural disorder which one is used? (I thought "Hunched" would be the right word, from the film "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"...)

Many thanks...

attitude or body posture

Hunch means your back is arched, usually because you were born thus or you are leaning towards something that is lower than your shoulders.
Slouch means your shoulders are drooping, usually because you are exhausted.

Compare:

hunch.gif

decrease-rounded-shoulders-slouching-200X200.jpg

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have a hunch that corum is no slouch at vocabulary.

corum

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
I have a hunch that corum is no slouch at vocabulary.

Cool! I did powerlifting competitively. Once, during training, between the third and the fourth vertebrae, the disc slipped and burst like a balloon due to heavy weights. I had no problem with this for a while after I quit sport, my back looked alright, but when the first cold period set in, one of my muscles alongside my spine (erector spinae?) went into spasm. No freaking idea why. What do you think, Ray? I know you are a doctor. Amid brutal pain and after one month's excruciating pain, I had to go back to my country for operation. This whole thing almost paralized my left leg. So I know what hunchback means: a blast from the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwNlUTekYWA&NR=1 :up:

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Cool! I did powerlifting competitively. Once, during training, between the third and the fourth vertebrae, the disc slipped and burst like a balloon due to heavy weights.

Dangerous places, gyms. I once hyperextended my neck whilst weightlifting - my legs rose, my shoulders didn't - damaging my cervical cord and had to wear a neck brace for several months. I was trying to impress the girl on the jogging machine right next to me. She was very attractive and wearing fishnet tights :shock::-D so my attempt was understandable.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Cool! I did powerlifting competitively. Once, during training, between the third and the fourth (cervical, thoracic or lumbar? I assume the latter) vertebrae, the disc slipped and burst like a balloon due to heavy weights. I had no problem with this for a while after I quit sport, my back looked alright, but when the first cold period set in, one of my muscles alongside my spine (erector spinae?) went into spasm. No freaking idea why. What do you think, Ray? I know you are a doctor. Amid brutal pain and after one month's excruciating pain, I had to go back to my country for operation. This whole thing almost paralized my left leg. So I know what hunchback means: a blast from the past.

YouTube - Mike Miller's world record 1220lb IPA Squat Video (553kg) :up:
That guy in the video looks like he could hold up some of the motorbikes I sat on this week (and which I would have bought if I was built like him!)

Re your back: Given that your left left was almost paralysed and you've had an operation, I wouldn't really like to comment. There are so many factors - though I will say that muscle spasms don't normally cause paralysis. No doubt you've got a badly pinched nerve. Sorry I can't help.

corum

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary

corum

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
That guy in the video looks like he could hold up some of the motorbikes I sat on this week (and which I would have bought if I was built like him!)

YouTube - Kathi Béla polszkicipelés

I know this guy personally. :) Mad!

Re your back: Given that your left left was almost paralysed and you've had an operation, I wouldn't really like to comment. There are so many factors - though I will say that muscle spasms don't normally cause paralysis. No doubt you've got a badly pinched nerve. Sorry I can't help.

OK. Thanks. My back muscle pulled my trunk sideways. You do not want to know how I looked like. The people around me saw that one week I was okay, the next week I looked like this:

hunch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.