deposit-based leasee

Hello,

I have a question as follows and it is really confusing whether or not it is correct, so please get it corrected if wrong, or confirm me it is correct.

I come up with an expression of '' A deposit-based leasee'' who I wanted to mean is a person who leases something on a long-time basis.

In this case, what I wonder is if it is fine with using ''----based'' along with Somebody not something since ''----based'' is widely seen to be used with Something like ''fact-based research''

one more thing.. what about ''peer-based review''? is it correct or wrong?

I would appreciate it if you would confirm me if ''a deposit-based lease'' and ''peer-based review'' are correct or wrong.

thanks in advance

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: deposit-based leasee

Quote Originally Posted by merry 07 View Post
    Hello,

I have a question as follows and it is really confusing whether or not it is correct, so please get it corrected if wrong, or confirm me it is correct.

I come up with an expression of '' A deposit-based leasee'' who I wanted to mean is a person who leases something on a long-time basis.

In this case, what I wonder is if it is fine with using ''----based'' along with Somebody not something since ''----based'' is widely seen to be used with Something like ''fact-based research''

one more thing.. what about ''peer-based review''? is it correct or wrong?

I would appreciate it if you would confirm me if ''a deposit-based lease'' and ''peer-based review'' are correct or wrong.

thanks in advance
    You probably mean 'long-term loan' although 'long-term lease' is correct in certain contexts - what is the context?

'Peer review'

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Gillnetter View Post
    A leasee is one who leases.
    Really? I thought that was 'lessee'. But true, I misread, partly because I was thinking of 'lease'; I've never seen 'leasee' before.

Merry07, I am unsure whether you are talking about someone 'who borrows/leases from' or 'who loans/leases to'. If 'from':

'long-term borrower'/'long-term lessee'

and if 'to':

'long-term lender'/'long-term lessor'

'borrower'/'lender' are more commonly used in most contexts; 'lessee'/'lessor' are often used to talk about real assets, eg you might lease a property or an airplance.

In some cases, other terms are more commonly used, eg the lessee of a house is a 'tenant' though we might see 'lessee' in the relevant legal documents.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

It's in use, but Wiktionary, one of the few online dictionaries that has it, gives it as non-standard. Maybe it's starting to gain popularity, though I haven't heard it in BrE.