deposit-based leasee

Status
Not open for further replies.

merry 07

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello,

I have a question as follows and it is really confusing whether or not it is correct, so please get it corrected if wrong, or confirm me it is correct.

I come up with an expression of '' A deposit-based leasee'' who I wanted to mean is a person who leases something on a long-time basis.

In this case, what I wonder is if it is fine with using ''----based'' along with Somebody not something since ''----based'' is widely seen to be used with Something like ''fact-based research''

one more thing.. what about ''peer-based review''? is it correct or wrong?

I would appreciate it if you would confirm me if ''a deposit-based lease'' and ''peer-based review'' are correct or wrong.

thanks in advance

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello,

I have a question as follows and it is really confusing whether or not it is correct, so please get it corrected if wrong, or confirm me it is correct.

I come up with an expression of '' A deposit-based leasee'' who I wanted to mean is a person who leases something on a long-time basis.

In this case, what I wonder is if it is fine with using ''----based'' along with Somebody not something since ''----based'' is widely seen to be used with Something like ''fact-based research''

one more thing.. what about ''peer-based review''? is it correct or wrong?

I would appreciate it if you would confirm me if ''a deposit-based lease'' and ''peer-based review'' are correct or wrong.

thanks in advance

You probably mean 'long-term loan' although 'long-term lease' is correct in certain contexts - what is the context?

'Peer review'

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A leasee is one who leases.

Really? I thought that was 'lessee'. But true, I misread, partly because I was thinking of 'lease'; I've never seen 'leasee' before.

Merry07, I am unsure whether you are talking about someone 'who borrows/leases from' or 'who loans/leases to'. If 'from':

'long-term borrower'/'long-term lessee'

and if 'to':

'long-term lender'/'long-term lessor'

'borrower'/'lender' are more commonly used in most contexts; 'lessee'/'lessor' are often used to talk about real assets, eg you might lease a property or an airplance.

In some cases, other terms are more commonly used, eg the lessee of a house is a 'tenant' though we might see 'lessee' in the relevant legal documents.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's in use, but Wiktionary, one of the few online dictionaries that has it, gives it as non-standard. Maybe it's starting to gain popularity, though I haven't heard it in BrE.

Status
Not open for further replies.