• Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

Babylon

Hello

I hope the text below is not too long. I'd appreciate if one of the teachers corrects my English.

(This is an imaginary text. Any similarity to real events and figures is absolutely unintentional!)

Thank you!

Primarily, the element that runs the smuggling is not the Babyloniansbut the Kozaks who live in Northern Binai. These tribesmen have nothing in common either with the Babylonian language or with the Babylonianculture. They make their living through smuggling drugs and women into Mesopotamia as well as weapons, ammunition and rockets into the district. Whenever the Babylonian authorities try to crackdown on them they resort to perpetrating acts of terror in the Binai coast, whether it is in ____ _____ ____ [names of places]. This is their way to persuade the Babylonian authorities not to intervene in their business and give them a free hand. Therefore, the Kozaks will definitely go on smuggling regardless of any agreements or decisions that may bind the Babylonians.

Secondly, he who is familiar with the everyday life in Babylonsurely knows that everything in this country is run by bribery. Low wages of civil servants including policemen and security officers often prompt them to supplement their incomes. The most convenient way to do so is by taking bribery. For example, a Babylonian policeman who is stationed at a barrier in Binai and whose monthly wage is only two or three dozens of dollars will not hesitate in the least to take a hundred dollars as a bribery in return for allowing just one truck with a suspected luggage to pass through toward the district.

Thirdly, while moving through the administrative hierarchy, many of Muhanad's decisions are not eventually implemented, or not implemented in the same effectiveness they originally intended to be. Since this hierarchy is composed of enormous administrative echelons which anyone, in turn, compensates itself, the chance for any presidential decision to be literally implemented, as with regard to stopping the smuggling, is almost amounts to zero.
    Therefore, whatever the UN resolutions or agreements are, implementation in practice will be taking place only when Babylon takes control of the Kozaks, puts an end to the bribery and Muhanad's orders are completely carried out. Until then, the scenario of stopping the smuggling under Babyloniansupervision is unrealistic

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

Re: Babylon

I would correct to myself: ... "if one of the teachers corrected my English"

and: "just one truck with suspected cargo to pass through..."