Student or Learner
Would you be kind enough to share with me your opinion concerning the following sentences?
1. Laws were not made to be broken, laws were made to stay within.
2. Soams put on his coat so as not to be cold.
3. He looked round to see it any acquaintance had yet come in.
4. He looked round to see Harry coming up from behind.
5. His eyes were sharp enough to look after his own interest.
6. Mr. Rokesmith has been so polite as to place his sitting-room at our disposal to-day.
Could you see the subtle distinction between 3 and 4?
Thank you for your efforts.
Last edited by vil; 31-May-2010 at 16:47.