Student or Learner
Have a good time. I'm a student from Taiwan. I have spent a lot of years learning English. But there is bottleneck that I can't breakthrough. That is, I hope that when I speak English, I can speak smoothly like a foreigner. How to change or improve the tune of speaking?
Good afternoon, Wendy.
(1) Don't worry: you WILL have a breakthrough.
(2) Just keep practicing. You know that old saying: Practice
makes perfect. It's true.
(3) It's imperative that you interact regularly with people who speak
only English -- tourists, business people, etc.
(a) You will be forced to use English if you wish to communicate with
(4) I have known some people who came to the States not knowing
any English. They did not attend language classes. They simply lived
life -- got jobs where only English was spoken, lived among English-
speaking people, etc. Gradually (it DID take time!) they started under-
standing and speaking English without realizing it.
(5) Your breakthrough WILL come. TIME is your best teacher.