Martz

Member Type
Student or Learner
MAny thanks in advance. Here's the task:

INTERNATIONAL BOOKSHOP REQUIRES SUMMER STAFF

- Do you like books and reading?
- Do you speak English?
- Do you have any useful experience?
Apply to the manager, Mrs Benson, saying why you think you are suitable for a job in our international bookshop.

Dear Mrs Benson,
I refer to your advertisement I've seen in the newspaper, and I'm writing to apply.
I've began reading books at an early age, and I've always been fond of them. Then, working in a bookshop would be a good occasion for me to improve my litterary knowledge.
I can say I have some useful experience on my background, as I worked in my college library in Italy for a year, while I was studying there.
Moreover, I have good English speaking skills and I've just taken the Cambridge First Certificate to prove this. Also, since I can speak some German and Dutch too, I think I'm suitable for this job.
My resume is attached for more details.
I look forward to your reply,
Yours faithfully

M.V.

playful

Member Type
Other
First sentence:
I refer to your advertisement I've seen in the newspaper, and I'm writing to apply.
I write in reply to the advertisement you posted in the newspaper.

playful

Member Type
Other
Second sentence:
I've began reading books at an early age, and I've always been fond of them. Then, working in a bookshop would be a good occasion for me to improve my litterary knowledge.
I started reading books at an early age. I've always been fond of them. Working in a bookshop would be a good chance to improve my literary knowledge.
Check your spelling!

playful

Member Type
Other
I can say I have some useful experience on my background, as I worked in my college library in Italy for a year, while I was studying there.
Moreover, I have good English speaking skills and I've just taken the Cambridge First Certificate to prove this. Also, since I can speak some German and Dutch too, I think I'm suitable for this job.
While studying in college in Italy, I worked in the library, an experience which may help with this job, I hope. I have good English speaking skills. I just took the Cambridge First Certificate and will be happy to supply the results. I can also speak some German and Dutch.

Over the top

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Working in a bookshop would be a good chance to improve my literary knowledge.

Why did you say 'a good chance' instead of 'a good opportunity'? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.