Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
How do we write date and time format?

Example:

1. This report is for the month of May 2nd '10. (please check the use of apostrophe as well here in this sentence)

2. I will call you tomorrow between 1800 - 2000.

Thank you in advance :up::up:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How do we write date and time format?

Example:

1. This report is for the month of May 2nd '10. (please check the use of apostrophe as well here in this sentence)

2. I will call you tomorrow between 1800 - 2000.

Thank you in advance :up::up:

1. We do sometime use the apostrophe in the year format, but for a report, I would be inclined to use the full "2010". However, my query would be with the dates of the report - "the month of May 2nd..."? May is a month, May 2nd is simply a date. Is it the month leading up to May 2nd? And in that case, does it include May 2nd? It could April 3rd - May 2nd. Or does the month start on May 2nd and run until June 1st?

So I would assume you mean either "the month commencing May 2nd" or "the month ending May 2nd".

2 - If you say "between", then we normally use "and" as the connector: I will call you tomorrow between 1800 and 2000.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1. We do sometime use the apostrophe in the year format, but for a report, I would be inclined to use the full "2010". However, my query would be with the dates of the report - "the month of May 2nd..."? May is a month, May 2nd is simply a date. Is it the month leading up to May 2nd? And in that case, does it include May 2nd? It could April 3rd - May 2nd. Or does the month start on May 2nd and run until June 1st?

So I would assume you mean either "the month commencing May 2nd" or "the month ending May 2nd".

2 - If you say "between", then we normally use "and" as the connector: I will call you tomorrow between 1800 and 2000.

Thank you for your response!

What I understand is...

1. This is the report for May 2, 2010.

2. I will call you between 1800 and 2000.

Is this correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your response!

What I understand is...

1. This is the report for May 2, 2010. Please see my comments from my last post. If you simply say this is the report for May 2, 2010, then it suggests it is a report of activity on just one day. I thought your original post said it was some kind of monthly report?

2. I will call you between 1800 and 2000. Yes.

Is this correct?

See above.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Yeah, I was referring to that day's report.

Thank you for you kind help! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.