• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Kindly check my para on BCCI (cricket)

It has been a very disappointing reply from the BCCI for not participating in the Asian Games that they have other commitments, just short from saying that commercial commitments are more important to them than the national pride. In the first place, it was BCCI who requested the Asian Committee to include cricket in the Games, with the assurance from them to send there best team for the event but at the end they backtracked from it. In the IPL and other tournaments, each player in particular and official; in general get crores from a single match, which wont be the case in the Asian Games. Agreed you call your-self public institute (charity trust) but still keep your affairs private, but then why you have to show your lust for money in public?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Kindly check my para on BCCI (cricket)

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    It has been a very disappointing reply from the BCCI for not participating in the Asian Games that they have other commitments, just short from saying that commercial commitments are more important to them than the national pride. In the first place, it was BCCI who requested the Asian Committee to include cricket in the Games, with the assurance from them to send there best team for the event but at the end they backtracked from it. In the IPL and other tournaments, each player in particular and official; in general get crores from a single match, which wont be the case in the Asian Games. Agreed you call your-self public institute (charity trust) but still keep your affairs private, but then why you have to show your lust for money in public?
    The BCCI has sent a very disappointing reply, stating that they will not participate in the Asian Games due to other commitments, stopping just short of saying that commercial commitments are more important to them than national pride.

It was the BCCI who requested that the Asian Committee include cricket in the Games in the first place, with an assurance that they would send their best team to the competition, but they reneged on this promise in the end.

In the IPL and in other tournaments, each player and each official get ???crores??? from a single match (or do you mean from every single match?), which would not be the case at the Asian Games. It's true that you can call yourselves a public institute or charity trust, while still keeping your affairs private, but why must you then show your lust for money in public?