Could you please edit my paraghaph to see how is wrong in my grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeton

Member Type
Student or Learner
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I think the way that Canadian government treated Canadian Japanese in 1991 is very similar to the way North communists in Vietnam had treated fallen soldiers of South Vietnam after they won the war in 1975. First, they confiscated properties of these fallen soldiers and then they relocated these soldiers into concentration camps and forced them to work under brutal condition for a decade. While their wives and children were forced to move to mountain areas to do farming in a terrible condition without paying. This is like Canadian Japanese working in beet farms for racist Canadian; although Canadian Japanese got paid for what they worked. The prisons in Vietnam were treat so bad that some of them had been beaten and starved to death .Part of these prisons who were lucky to survive were released from the concentration camps and allowed to immigrate to the US based on a Redress Act called "ODP" (US law)[/FONT] later in 1990, was similar to[FONT=&quot] the Japanese get compensation from Canadian government. In addition, when you look in both events, Canadian Japanese and South Vietnam soldiers were compensated but lots of their families had been separated and their families have suffered for the rest of their lives.[/FONT]

princeton

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thanks for pointing out the difference in both cases.I will try to make another comparison.

princeton

Member Type
Student or Learner
[FONT=&quot]In my opinion, the way that the Canadian government treated Canadian Japanese in 1941 is the same as North communists in Vietnam had treated the fallen soldiers of South Vietnam after the communists won the war in 1975. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First, the communists confiscated properties of these fallen soldiers, then they relocated these soldiers into concentration camps and forced them to work under brutal conditions for a decade. Their wives and children were forced to move to mountain areas to do farming under the fierce weather in scorching mountain areas without payment. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] These political prisoners in Vietnam were treated so badly and some of them had been beaten and starved to death. Some of these prisoners, who were lucky to survive, were released from the concentration camps and allowed to immigrate to the US based on a Redress Act called "ODP" (US law)[/FONT] later in 1990.
[FONT=&quot]Similarly, Canadian government had impounded Canadian Japanese's possessions in 1941 .They also separated the men from their family and relocated them to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]concentration camps to do labor works in a frosty weather . Their wives and children were dispersed to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ghost towns or abandon livestock barns and they had to live under subhumanconditions [/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Canadian government, in 1988, decided to compensate to those Canadian Japanese[/FONT][FONT=&quot].
In summary, looking at both events, Canadian Japanese and South Vietnam soldiers were compensated but lots of their families had[/FONT][FONT=&quot]fallen apart and their families have suffered from the rest of their lives.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.