Would you please edit "A Child's Memories" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I would appreciate it if you can edit the rare words wheather I used them in a right place or not.

A child's memories

When I was in forth grade in a primary school, I received adverse behaviour as an asset from my teacher. Being used to extortion attempts, the teacher threatened the timid students like me and forced them to tell a lie or to get bad marks. That was led to fail course. She created the frightening atmosphere for students who honestly had questioned her teaching method, being bad-dressed like wearing a nightgown and above all her bad temper to the pupils. Unless the students told the schoolmaster lies the fact that she were a popular teacher, she would give them low marks. The bigots and other staff were in favor of such an impresario in our class.
Her bracelets are still like mosquitoes reverberating in my ears: I don't know how to get rid of such an earworm.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I would appreciate it if you can edit the rare words wheather I used them in a right place or not.

A Child's Memories

When I was in forth grade at a primary school, [STRIKE]I received adverse[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]behaviour as an asset from my teacher[/STRIKE] hostile behavior was my teacher's policy. [STRIKE]Being used to [/STRIKE] using extortion attempts, the teacher threatened the timid students like me and forced them to [STRIKE]tell a[/STRIKE] lie or [STRIKE]to get [/STRIKE] suffer a bad mark. [STRIKE]That [/STRIKE][STRIKE]was led to fail course.[/STRIKE] She created the frightening atmosphere for students who had honestly questioned her teaching method, [STRIKE]being bad-dressed [/STRIKE]her strange dress (like wearing a nightgown), and above all her bad temper towards the pupils. Unless the students [STRIKE]told the [/STRIKE] lied to the schoolmaster[STRIKE] lies[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]the fact [/STRIKE]that she was a popular teacher, she would give them low marks. The bigots and other staff in our school were in favor of such an [STRIKE]impresario[/STRIKE] bully in our classroom.
The clinking of her bracelets [STRIKE]are [/STRIKE]still sounds like mosquitoes reverberating in my ears: I don't know how to get rid of such an earworm.

Ever student

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Originally Posted by Ever Student
I would appreciate it if you [STRIKE]can [/STRIKE] would edit the rare words [STRIKE]wheather [/STRIKE] and let me know whether I used them in [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE] the right place or not.(Which words are "rare" words?)

A Child's Memories

When I was in the fourth grade at primary school, hostile behavior was my teacher's policy. Using extortion attempts, the teacher threatened timid students like me and forced us to lie or get a bad mark. She created a frightening atmosphere for students who had honestly questioned her teaching methods, her strange dress (like wearing a nightgown), and above all , her bad temper towards the pupils. Unless the students lied to the schoolmaster and said that she was a popular teacher, she would give them low marks. The bigots and other staff in our school were in favor of such a bully in our classroom.
The clinking of her bracelets still sounds like mosquitoes reverberating in my ears: I don't know how to get rid of such an earworm (What is an earworm?).
Thanks for your editing.

"An earworm" means a particular sound, some lines of a poem, words or speech has remained in your mind repeating and irritating you for a long time. I have leared this expression from a Canadian teacher.

Rare words such as; extortion, reverberating, and adverse

As for "and said" that you have added in line 5, I meant the teacher forced us to lied to the schoolmaster that our teacher was a good person; therefore, I don't think the sentence needs "and said". Do you agree?

And also about "I would appreciate it if you "can": I had been taught by "Thedeebo" an American teacher who was here.

I appreciate your making corrections of me too.

Best regards

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
The clinking of her bracelets still sounds like mosquitoes reverberating in my ears: I don't know how to get rid of such an earworm (What is an earworm?).
I thought it was a typo for "earthworm" But I found this:

"This experience is called an earworm. Germans first came up with the term ohrwurm to describe the musical itch that apparently affects almost everyone at some stage or another. Research into earworms has found that virtually any piece of music can become one."
ABC The Drum - Well-readhead: I've got worms

Status
Not open for further replies.