HELP! please

Hi all I have certian sentences and I am not quite sure if they are correct.. Well, I am pretty sure that they are wrong... but I don't know how to correct them.... So, really guys I NEED your help....

1- (Matmatics form basic materials).... and that's it this is the sentence... I know it is wrong and uncomplete but how to correct it... I have no idea

2- ( Life doesn't lies only on able people)... It is wrong to said such sentence but is it right to correct it as life doesn't lie not lies without the s?

3- ( I am very close with my parents) we have to say i am very colse to my parents, right?

4- ( when i talk with my dad i feel like I talk with a manger) it isn't correc at all I know but how we correct it? shall we say I feel like if I am talking with a manager?

5- ( My father spend most of the time out of home. and when we are togehter we don't talk a lot. That's makes me feel shy infront of him) ...

I am not sure but should we change out of hom to outside or at work , and that's make us or should we say that make us? which is correct and why? I am sensing something with the plural.. but I have no clue!

6- ( when anyone will aske me this question) can we use will after when? is it correct or we should change it to if or what?

7- ( small probelm) how to change this?>

8- ( we all know the different our relatonship with our fathers and mothers. There have a lot of differents like advice, thinking, care and alot of things.) Can we say this really!!!

I changed it to we all know the difference in our relationship with our fathers and mothers. they have a lot of different ways of thinking, advices, and the way they show care or affection... but I am not quite sure

So guys please help me to know and why
    Thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: HELP! please

Quote Originally Posted by michelle-88 View Post
    Hi all I have certian sentences and I am not quite sure if they are correct.. Well, I am pretty sure that they are wrong... but I don't know how to correct them.... So, really guys I NEED your help....

1- (Matmatics form basic materials).... and that's it this is the sentence... I know it is wrong and uncomplete but how to correct it... I have no idea

No idea what this means at all! First word should presumably be "mathematics" but I can't make any sense of the rest of it. Someone else?!

2- ( Life doesn't lies only on able people)... It is wrong to said such sentence but is it right to correct it as life doesn't lie not lies without the s?

Again, no idea. Life doesn't "lie"? Lie as in to lie down, to lie upon or to not tell the truth? Able people? People who are very capable?

3- ( I am very close with my parents) we have to say i am very colse to my parents, right?

I am very close to my parents.

4- ( when i talk with my dad i feel like I talk with a manger) it isn't correc at all I know but how we correct it? shall we say I feel like if I am talking with a manager?

When I speak to my dad, I feel like I'm speaking to a/my manager.

5- ( My father spend most of the time out of home. and when we are togehter we don't talk a lot. That's makes me feel shy infront of him) ...

My father spends most of his time away from home, and when we are together, we don't talk a lot. That makes me feel shy in front of him.

I am not sure but should we change out of hom to outside or at work , and that's make us or should we say that make us? which is correct and why? I am sensing something with the plural.. but I have no clue!

You only need to change it to "us" if the situation makes both of you feel shy in front of each other.

6- ( when anyone will aske me this question) can we use will after when? is it correct or we should change it to if or what?

When anyone asks me this question,.... (I always reply quickly).

What you have quoted doesn't constitute a full sentence, it would have to be followed by another clause.

7- ( small probelm) how to change this?>

It depends! I have a small problem. There is a small problem. He has a small problem. It depends what you want to say.

8- ( we all know the different our relatonship with our fathers and mothers. There have a lot of differents like advice, thinking, care and alot of things.) Can we say this really!!!

We all know that our fathers and mothers are very different from each other in many ways.

We all know that our parents show affection and care in different ways, and have different ways of thinking.

I changed it to we all know the difference in our relationship with our fathers and mothers. they have a lot of different ways of thinking, advices, and the way they show care or affection... but I am not quite sure

So guys please help me to know and why
    Thanks
    See above. I'm afraid 1 and 2 beat me completely, but I have done what I can with the rest.