• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

kindly check my para about 'the truth' - new generatin newspaper

Itís the simple truth that we like to report. Truth is always bitter, isnít it? But once your analysis it, you understand the essence of reality. Dare to face the true facts, read Ďthe truthí. It has the power to stir the nation because the truth always ignites revolution that brings change for better. We donít have space for public relations, but only for true relations that informs, empowers you to be a better citizens. We only say or blame Government and other bureaucrats for all the wrong happenings in our society. Just talking wonít help, come join the revolution! In India, all are afraid to take the first step for good work thinking that why should I care, if no one else. But once you take that single step, you would be not surprise that there is chain of people to lend you the helping hands. Ė for instance a man met with an accident lying unconsciously on the street, everyone just pass by him, no one steps ahead to help him thinking other will help him. But once any passer by lends his hand to the victim, everyone jump forward to help him. All it takes is the first step

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: kindly check my para about 'the truth' - new generatin newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    It’s the (or a) simple truth that we like to report. Truth is always bitter, isn’t it? But once your you analyse it, you understand the essence of reality. Dare to face the true facts, read ‘the truth’. It has the power to stir the nation because the truth always (always? Are you sure?!) ignites revolution, that which in turn can bring change for better. We don’t have space for public relations, but only for true relations that informs and empowers you to be a better citizens. We only say (say what?) or blame the government and other bureaucrats for all the wrong happenings that goes wrong in our society. Just talking won’t help, come and join the revolution! In India, all are everyone is afraid to take the first step for towards good works, thinking that "Why should I care, if no one else does?" But once you take that single step, you would won't be not surprised to find that there is chain of people to lend you the a helping hands – for instance, a man who met with an accident is lying unconsciously on the street, everyone just passes by him, no one steps ahead forward to help him, thinking others will help him. But once any passer-by lends his a hand to the victim, everyone jumps forward to help him. All it takes is the first step.
    See above.

Notes: we usually use the phrase "to use a helping hand".

The strikethrough is not very clear sometimes, when it's on an "s". Please note I would remove the "s" from "informs and empowers" because you have talked about "true relations" which is plural, therefore should be followed by "inform and empower".