Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
In The Bill & Warren Show on success in 1998(http://arunbansal.com/warren-buffet/buffett-gates-success.htm), Bill & Warren start talking about how they got there.Buffett mentions "rationality", and he says "So why do people do things that interfere with getting the output they're entitled to? It gets into the habits and character and temperament, and behaving in a rational manner. Not getting in your own way."
Does the first sentence mean smart people won't do things that inerfere with getting the output they're entitled to? Then what about the next sentence? What does that "It" rerefer to? So could you explain it for me? Thanks.

Jay Louise

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In The Bill & Warren Show on success in 1998(http://arunbansal.com/warren-buffet/buffett-gates-success.htm), Bill & Warren start talking about how they got there.Buffett mentions "rationality", and he says "So why do people do things that interfere with getting the output they're entitled to? It gets into the habits and character and temperament, and behaving in a rational manner. Not getting in your own way."
Does the first sentence mean smart people won't do things that inerfere with getting the output they're entitled to? Then what about the next sentence? What does that "It" rerefer to? So could you explain it for me? Thanks.

The easiest way for me to explain is to recast these sentences.
Why do people do things that interfere with their success? The answer comes from their habits and character..."

"It gets into" seems to be referring to both the answer to "why do people do this" and the answer to "how to stop doing this" (don't get in your own way).

chance22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The easiest way for me to explain is to recast these sentences.
Why do people do things that interfere with their success? The answer comes from their habits and character..."

"It gets into" seems to be referring to both the answer to "why do people do this" and the answer to "how to stop doing this" (don't get in your own way).

Thank you very much for the explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.