Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Letter Writing Question :
you have just moved into a new home and planning to hold a party. you are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour. write a letter to your neigher. In your letter i) Introduce yourself. ii) Describe your plans for the party. iii) Invite your neighbour to come.

Letter Writing Answer :

Dear Mr. Dan,
I am writing to apologise about that noise may disturb your regular activities.

My name is Ranjith, I am working as an engineer and live with my family. We are from south India. I am working for ABC Company, which is located in Sydney.

Recently I moved to”Green Valley Apartment” 2nd Floor, door number 5, next to your door. Tomorrow evening, we have get-together party with my old comrades, who are also living in Sydney. After a decade, we are going to meet. We are planning to arrange the light music and dinner for the party. We will try to wind up the party before mid-night. During party, People may make noise which can disturb your regular activities. I beg for your understanding and forgiveness. Please accept my apology.

I would like to invite you to attend the party with your family. It would be great, if you join the get-together with us. Please consider this letter as invitation.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Ranjith

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Letter Writing Question :
you have just moved into a new home and planning to hold a party. you are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour. write a letter to your neigher. In your letter i) Introduce yourself. ii) Describe your plans for the party. iii) Invite your neighbour to come.

Letter Writing Answer :

Dear Mr. Dan,

My name is Ranjit and I'm your new next-door neighbour. I am writing to [STRIKE]apologise about that noise may disturb your regular activities.[/STRIKE] let you know about a get-together at my flat tomorrow night.

[STRIKE]My name is Ranjith, I am working as an engineer and live with my family. We are from south India. I am working for ABC Company, which is located in Sydney.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Recently I moved to”Green Valley Apartment” 2nd Floor, door number 5, next to your door.[/STRIKE][STRIKE] I recently moved in to [/STRIKE] Tomorrow evening, we will have [STRIKE]get-together party[/STRIKE]a reunion with my old comrades, who are also living in Sydney. We haven't seen each other for ten years! [STRIKE]After a decade, we are going to meet.[/STRIKE] We are planning to [STRIKE]arrange the[/STRIKE] have light music and dinner.[STRIKE] for the party[/STRIKE]. We will try to wind up the party before midnight. During the party, [STRIKE]People may make[/STRIKE] there may be a little noise which [STRIKE]can disturb your regular activities[/STRIKE] I hope won't disturb you. [STRIKE]I beg for your understanding and forgiveness. Please accept my apology.[/STRIKE]

In fact, I would like to invite you to attend the party with your family. It would be great, if you could join the get-together. Please consider this letter as invitation.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Ranjith

See above for amendments. I really don't think it's necessary to give your next-door neighbour your employment details! I also think that you have apologised in advance, and begged forgiveness, too many times! That may make your neighbour think that you know that it will be a noisy party.

I think these things should be short and simple.

In the UK, even if I had never met my neighbour, I would attach a note to their front door that says:

Hi

We're having a party tomorrow night! You're very welcome to come. Hope to see you there. We'll keep the noise down as much as possible, but if we're disturbing you, please knock on the door and let us know.

Thanks.

mgn_v

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thanks for your review and suggestions. But, i have write the letter minimum 150 words. so that, i have added my work details. After the amendments, the letter contains only 130 words. I have to add some more points.
Please give me some ideas where i can fit the words in the letter.

Thanks in Advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for your review and suggestions. But, i have write the letter minimum 150 words. so that, i have added my work details. After the amendments, the letter contains only 130 words. I have to add some more points.
Please give me some ideas where i can fit the words in the letter.

Thanks in Advance.

Well, I assumed that you really did have to write a letter to your neighbour because, as you can see from the forum rules (quote below), the forum isn't designed to do your assignments:

"Please don't ask us to do or correct your homework; this is a place to discuss language."

Status
Not open for further replies.