Do you understand my spoken english?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello,
I started to learn english three months ago. I would like to ask you (mainly native english speakers) whether you understand my speech, because I am going to work in United Kingdom.
Here mojemp3.sk/mp3/75785 is an audio record where I am trying to read a bit of text (from helpforenglish.cz/cetba/non-fiction/c2006073004-Children-of-a-Star.html).
Thank you very much for your advices and notices.

(p.s: I know that my grammar is terrible, but now I'm interested in pronunciation.. and sorry, I do my best but however I read the text like an idiot:D)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I couldn't get it to load

beginner123

Member Type
Student or Learner
I couldn't get it to load

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.
Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

mojemp3.sk/mp3/75785
that link works but system blocks http and www prefixes.. maybe try to add a prefix

mmasny

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Doesn't work.

englishhobby

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello,
I started to learn english three months ago. I would like to ask you (mainly native english speakers)
I managed to listen to your recording. Though I am not a native speaker (just a non-native teacher of English), I can say a few words about my impressions of the recording. Taking into consideration that you have recently started learning English, your pronunciation is quite understandable, but for some words, which are mispronounced often because of the wrong stress or wrong sounds. Here are the words:
interests me (wrong stress)
religious (wrong stress)
reason (wrong "s")
also (wrong "a")
energy (wrong "er")
Check their pronunciation and stress in the dictionary.
One more point - your reading sounds as if you don't quite understand what you are reading, so try to make sure you understand every word, then it would sound more natural. Sorry that I have interfered with your post being a non-native speaker of English :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.