Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I found this word in a word game but I can't find its meaning. The only I can see is this: Urban Dictionary: spail
Is it really the meaning? I know folks put their own inventions in there so I'm not sure if I can trust this one.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I found this word in a word game but I can't find its meaning. The only I can see is this: Urban Dictionary: spail
Is it really the meaning? I know folks put their own inventions in there so I'm not sure if I can trust this one.

I've never heard it before either, in any context, and I had no idea there was another word for "junk mail". I can see where they got it from "spam + mail"!

The only other dictionary hit I found for it directed me to "See: Spale" for which the definition is here:

Spale: Definition with Spale Pictures and Photos

However, none of the other dictionaries I looked at gave "spail" as an alternative spelling.

mmasny

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Definitions of spail - OneLook Dictionary Search means 'spail' is not a word in English. If I can't find a word at Onelook.com, it means to me that that word does not exist.
I thought so too. Except not every word is available on the internet. Some that I find in the paper version of Webster's I can't find on the web. But this is not the case, as the paper version doesn't have it either. But why would they make it a valid word in the games? I saw it in two different games (possibly using the same dictionary).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I thought so too. Except not every word is available on the internet. Some that I find in the paper version of Webster's I can't find on the web. But this is not the case, as the paper version doesn't have it either. But why would they make it a valid word in the games? I saw it in two different games (possibly using the same dictionary).

What were the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.