Student or Learner
What is the meaning of being?.....When we use being?
What I know about it is that its a present participle of "be". But usually I don't use it in writing or speaking because I don't know anything about it.
Can anyone explain it to me?
(1) You have asked an excellent question.
(2) I think that BEING is often used in the
They are making a movie. = A movie is BEING made (by them).
They are cleaning up the oil spill. = The oil spill is BEING cleaned up.
(2) As you said, it's used in the regular progressive:
Tom is usually very nice. Today, however, he is BEING very rude.
I wonder what the problem is.
(3) Sometimes it is used in very special sentences:
The teacher BEING ill, the students all returned home. = Because
the teacher was ill, the students all returned home.
(4) Hopefully, other people will give you more uses and examples.
***** Thank you *****