Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    caronmi's Avatar
    caronmi is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    May 2010

    Red face if not"foreign teachers", what else can it be?

    Usually, Chinese students like to call teachers from the US or the UK or other foreign countries "foreign teachers", or sometimes "international teachers". And I've also heard of "native-English teachers"...

    I personally feel these some kind of improper, but I don't know what on earth is the right expression.
    So dear teachers, what do you prefer us to call you?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Re: if not"foreign teachers", what else can it be?

    I remember hosting a seminar in Shanghai a few years ago. Most of the students chose to call me an international guest lecturer/educator. Personally, I don't mind as long as it's not derogatory. You should ask your instructors about their preferred designation. International Instructor sounds appropriate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts