Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. caronmi's Avatar
    Junior Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: May 2010
    • Posts: 68

    Red face if not"foreign teachers", what else can it be?

    Usually, Chinese students like to call teachers from the US or the UK or other foreign countries "foreign teachers", or sometimes "international teachers". And I've also heard of "native-English teachers"...

    I personally feel these some kind of improper, but I don't know what on earth is the right expression.
    So dear teachers, what do you prefer us to call you?

    • Join Date: Jun 2010
    • Posts: 70

    Re: if not"foreign teachers", what else can it be?

    I remember hosting a seminar in Shanghai a few years ago. Most of the students chose to call me an international guest lecturer/educator. Personally, I don't mind as long as it's not derogatory. You should ask your instructors about their preferred designation. International Instructor sounds appropriate.

Similar Threads

  1. Be an "English Teachers Club" Member
    By jonathan1980tr in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-Dec-2005, 14:53
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-Oct-2005, 17:11
  3. how to pronunce "teacher's" and "teachers'"
    By japanjapan in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-Jun-2005, 06:25
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-Dec-2004, 11:25
  5. How do you notice "foreign accents" ?
    By Masfer in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 28-Dec-2003, 19:42


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts