[Essay] looking for an opinion and corrections....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbow_007*

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
It was during my Psychiatry rotation, my close encounters with psychiatric patients began. I am reminded of Mrs. Rani, with a history of major depression was admitted for suicidal ideation. I wanted to definitively understand why she had suicidal thoughts. After several sessions interacting on a more personal level, she finally opened up and tearfully narrated her story. She was a widow and had recently lost her only son in an accident, it was the overwhelming grief and despair caused her to have suicidal thoughts. Later, it helped us to arrange for grief counseling after uncovering this vital detail of her story. This was was a unique transition period, when I realized how complex and challenging treating mentally ill can be, and also learnt how an individual`s mental well being is linked to their life experiences.

:roll::?::oops:

Leandro-Z

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
It was during my Psychiatry rotation[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] that my close encounters with psychiatric patients began. I am reminded of Mrs. Rani, a woman with a history of major depression that was admitted for suicidal ideation. I wanted to definitively understand why she had had suicidal thoughts. After several sessions interacting on a more personal level, she finally opened up and tearfully narrated her story. She was a widow and had recently lost her only son in an accident, it was the overwhelming grief and despair that caused her to have suicidal thoughts. Later, it helped us to arrange for grief counseling after uncovering this vital detail of her story. This was [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] a unique transition period, when I reali[STRIKE]z[/STRIKE]sed how complex and challenging treating mentally illness can be, and also learnt how an individual`s mental well being is linked to their life experiences.

:roll::?::oops:

There are some mistakes but it is okay

rainbow_007*

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
Thanks Leandro-Z,

Are sure that this sentence is correct..."...When I realised how complex and challenging treating mentally illness can be,..."

I thought my sentence was correct gramatically..."...When I realised how complex and challenging treating mentally ill can be..."

Really appreciate the efforts you are taking to correct. I am still learning....a long way to go.... seeking lots of help from friends like you.

Thanks.

rainbow_007*

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
Thnak you Gillnetter........got it !!!

rainbow_007*

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
sorry....I meant- Thank you Gillnetter....got it !!!

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
It was during my psychiatry rotation ...

I think 'psychiatry' should be capitalized since it is a special noun. Psychiatry as in the hospital's Psychiatry department?

rainbow_007*

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Nepal
Thanks tedtmc.

Status
Not open for further replies.