Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Kuwait
could anyone help ne to coorect my mistakes and provide me with better words and expressions

Working in a team
Everyone of us has worked in a team at some point. Some find it enjoyable, others find it difficult. Their role differs according to their abilities and aims at achieving the team's goal in the end.
I have a great experience with team work. Once, I participated a group of four members to prepare a presentation for our English lesson at school. My team was full of enthusiasm and eager to prepare an excellent presentation that we hope will have the admiration of our teacher and our classmates.
Our goal was to prepare a lesson that includes the four skills of English and present it to our classmates. So, we sat together and put a plan showing everyone's role. We discussed our goal and the steps we should follow to fulfill it effectively. We also agreed that everyone should deny himself and work as a teamwork.
Before we started, we showed our teacher the outline of our plan and she gave us some advices about some points. What distinguished our team that was every member of our team was good at one skill of English English. One of us was good at grammar, another one was good at speaking and listening to English. The other two members were good at the applications of the computer. We began our plan with searching for an exciting topic that would show our abilities and that hadn’t been presented by any of other groups before. For that purpose, we borrowed some books from the library and began to browse them until we found our target. It was a story about a man and his dog. It showed how was the dog loyal and how it could save his friend from certain death. We decided to divide the story into three parts, two to be told to the class and the third part to be guessed through asking them ," what do you think will happen next? "While working in the presentation, we needed to use some pictures from the story , so we had to go the computer lab and looked for a scanner, but we didn’t find one. Then, we asked one of our classmates who helped us and brought his scanner. We started to paraphrase the whole story using different ideas everyone had. That presentation took about two weeks to be finished. Before the day of the presentation, we sat with our teacher and showed her our work and the steps we followed to finish it. She admired the presentation and praised our cooperation and considered us an ideal group.
We displayed our work on the following day, and our classmate interacted well with our story and thanked us greatly for our effort.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Working in a team

Everyone of us has worked in a team at some point. Some find it enjoyable, others find it difficult. Their role (who's role? the team members' roles?) differs according to their abilities and aims at achieving the team's goal in the end.

I have had [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] great experience with team work. Once, I participated in a group of four members to prepare a presentation for our English lesson at school. My team was full of enthusiasm and eager to prepare and deliver an excellent presentation that we hope [STRIKE]will have[/STRIKE] would earn the admiration of our teacher and our classmates.

Our goal was to prepare a lesson that included the four skills of English and present it to our classmates. So, we sat together and [STRIKE]put[/STRIKE] drew up (or came up with)a plan showing everyone's role. We discussed our goal and the steps we should follow to fulfill (achieve) it effectively. We also agreed that everyone should deny himself ( not be individualistic) [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] but work as a team[STRIKE]work[/STRIKE].

Before we started, we showed our teacher the outline of our plan and she gave us some advice[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] about some points. What distinguished our team [STRIKE]that was[/STRIKE] was that every member of our team was good at one skill of English [STRIKE]English[/STRIKE]. One of us was good at grammar(,) while another [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] was good at speaking and listening[STRIKE] to[/STRIKE] in English. The other two members were good at the applications of the computer. We began our plan with searching for an exciting topic that would show our abilities and one that hadn’t been presented by any of other groups before. For that purpose, we borrowed some books from the library and began to browse through them until we found our target. It was a story about a man and his dog. It showed how [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] the dog was loyal and how it could save his friend [STRIKE]from certain death[/STRIKE]'s life. We decided to divide the story into three parts, two to be told to the class and the third part to [STRIKE]be guessed through asking them[/STRIKE] seek participation from the class by asking them questions eg.," what do you think will happen next? "While working [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on the presentation, we needed to use some pictures from the story , so we had to go the computer lab [STRIKE]and looked[/STRIKE] to look for a scanner, but we didn’t find one. Then, we asked one of our classmates who helped us [STRIKE]and brought[/STRIKE] to bring his scanner. We started to paraphrase the whole story using different ideas from everyone [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE]. That presentation took about two weeks to [STRIKE]be finished[/STRIKE] complete.[STRIKE] Before the day[/STRIKE] A day before [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] the presentation, we sat with our teacher and showed her our work and explained the steps we followed to finish it. She admired [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] our presentation and praised our spirit of cooperation and considered us an ideal group.
We displayed our work on the following day, and our classmate [STRIKE]interacted[/STRIKE] responded well[STRIKE] with[/STRIKE] to our story and thanked us greatly for our effort.

Editors4Writers

Member Type
English Teacher
I added my revisions in blue alongside the revisions of Gillnetter (his are red). Please note that I didn't edit the last paragraph.

The Joys of Teamwork
(only a suggestion)

Everyone [STRIKE]of us[/STRIKE] has worked with a team at some point in his or her life. Some find working with people enjoyable while others find it unbearable. Roles are determined by one's ability and [STRIKE]aims at[/STRIKE] plan for achieving the team's ultimate goal[STRIKE] in the end[/STRIKE]. I don't understand this sentence.
Be careful of using "Everyone" unless you know for sure that everyone has done something.

I also suggest that you provide a clear thesis/aim in the introductory paragraph. This paragraph needs a conclusive end.

Personally, I have had [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]great experiences with teams[STRIKE] work[/STRIKE]. Once (be more specific as to when this event took place), I participated in a group [STRIKE]of four members[/STRIKE] that had to prepare a[STRIKE] presentation for our[/STRIKE] lesson plan for our English class. [STRIKE]My team was full of enthusiasm and eager[/STRIKE][STRIKE]ness to [/STRIKE]The thought of preparing an excellent presentation made my team enthused and eager. [STRIKE]that w[/STRIKE]We [STRIKE]hope hoped will would have get[/STRIKE]desired admiration from our teacher and [STRIKE]our[/STRIKE] peers.

Our goal was to prepare a lesson plan that includes included (I suggest that you use the word OVER instead of "that included") the four skills of English. We wanted to present this to the class[STRIKE]mates[/STRIKE] without any mistakes. So[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] we sat together and [STRIKE]put a plan together showing everyone's[/STRIKE]assigned responsibilities. We discussed our main goals and the steps needed to accomplish them. We also agreed that everyone should [STRIKE]deny himself and[/STRIKE]set aside their ego and work as a team[STRIKE]work[/STRIKE] team to create an effective presentation. ("deny himself" isn't clear, so I inserted an alternative.)

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
ahme
It's interesting to see three different versions of the edited text. Aren't you lucky.

one more point -
You say you interact with people, not with a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.