[Grammar] Use of Main Clause and Subordinate clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobiazahid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi, I am a professional who is looking into a company's correspondence with its customers. I am confused about the following sentence:

This is with reference to the email hereunder regarding unwarranted calls/SMS being received on your number (XYZ) originating from another number (XYZ). Pertinent to the same, you are requested to receive few calls/SMS of the obnoxious caller.

Please correct this sentence as I am afraid that the first sentence is not correct.

Secondly, If I request a customer to visit any of my company's offices, what should I mention?

Should it be like: Please visit our nearest office or it should be please visit your nearest office or it should be please visit nearest office.

English is Second language to me. I am very eager to learn English, Please assist me!

Heterological

Member Type
English Teacher
This is with reference to the email hereunder regarding unwarranted calls/SMS being received on your number (XYZ) originating from another number (XYZ). Pertinent to the same, you are requested to receive few calls/SMS of the obnoxious caller.

I recommend simplifying your language a bit. Words like "hereunder" are what we call "legalese," that is, language used by lawyers but not by regular people. Here's how I would write it:
"We received your email about unwanted calls/text messages you have received from phone number XYZ and are taking steps to address the problem."

I think the only real mistake is in saying "you are requested to receive few calls..." Maybe you meant "you have requested not to receive any more calls from XYZ," or "you will not be receiving any more calls from XYZ." In any case, the way you phrased it is not correct.

Secondly, If I request a customer to visit any of my company's offices, what should I mention?

Should it be like: Please visit our nearest office or it should be please visit your nearest office or it should be please visit nearest office.
Actually, you could say either. It is your office, but it is the office nearest to the customer, so they both make sense. I think the best possible rendering is:
"Please visit the (company name) office nearest you."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.