Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The ways lubrication pump is coupled to the hub of the main pump sheave. But both pumps are driven by the same motor. This pump has a strainer.
1.What is the function of the ways?
2.Which is this pump? I don't think the description is clear.It will give me much pleasure to hear you!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
The ways lubrication pump is coupled to the hub of the main pump sheave. But both pumps are driven by the same motor. This pump has a strainer.
It's impossible to be sure; this is not a complete sentence.
It possibly a paragraph heading meaning "Here are the ways that the lubrication pump is coupled to the hub:"

2.Which is this pump? I don't think the description is clear.
You're right. It's not clear. This is typical of many Chinese, Japanese and Korean instruction manuals written in English.

It will give me much pleasure to hear you!
R.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
2.Which is this pump? I don't think the description is clear.It will give me much pleasure to hear you!

Not a teacher.

"Ways" (plural) is a shorthand for "guideways." A piece of machinery that moves back and forth (as opposed to rotating machinery) will move along "ways."

The pump circulates oil for lubricating the ways. It's a ways lubrication pump.

There is also apparently a "main pump." Both pumps are on the same shaft, being driven by the same motor.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Not a teacher.

"Ways" (plural) is a shorthand for "guideways." A piece of machinery that moves back and forth (as opposed to rotating machinery) will move along "ways."

The pump circulates oil for lubricating the ways. It's a ways lubrication pump.

There is also apparently a "main pump." Both pumps are on the same shaft, being driven by the same motor.
Yes, that makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.