Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Sweden
Hi

I checked the meaning of the word "psychic" on Wiki, and it said that it means "of the soul". I'm not quite sure I understand the phrase "of the soul". Does it mean, for example, MADE of the soul, or something like that?

Psychic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi

I checked the meaning of the word "psychic" on Wiki, and it said that it means "of the soul". I'm not quite sure I understand the phrase "of the soul". Does it mean, for example, MADE of the soul, or something like that?

Your link is to an article on psychics (noun).
It says that the word is derived from the Greek "of the soul, mental". This is the derivation, not the meaning, which could be (and is) a different thing.
You seem to want the meaning of the adjective "psychic". A dictionary would give you a better definition of its meanings and uses.

Note that the Greek derivation is misleading because these days most of us do not equate the mind with the soul.

stanislaw.masny

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi

The Greek word psychicos means "of the soul, mental". The English meaning is explained in the cited article.
S.M.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
*** Not A Teacher ***

After I checked my dictionary I get its meaning.

psychic means as follow,

1 - having a special mental ability, for example so that you are able to know what will happen in the future or know what people are thinking.

2 - (especially of an illness) of the mind rather than the bod.

For Example:
psychic powers

Status
Not open for further replies.