[General] What do you think of the paragraph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wang.cupid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
This is a part of my essay, what do you think and if possible, could you please find out possible grammatic errors? Thanks. I'm going to take an IELTS test this weekend.
--

Some people firmly believe that adhering to the cultures of the local communities contributes positively to these visitors and local residents. The most evident reason has to do with the tension between these two groups. According to some reports, the relationship between them are getting worse and worse owing to the fact tourists do not perform as decently as what local people think. Further research reveals that this should be attributed to that visitors are not familiar with local culture and take for granted that these cultures should be the same as theirs. As a result, by following the local customs and behavior, the alienation will be significantly alleviated.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Last edited:

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Some suggestions.

Some people firmly believe that adhering to the cultures of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] local communities contributes positively to these visitors (I assume you have previously identified "these visitors" in some way.) and local residents. The most evident reason has to do with the tension between these two groups. According to some reports, the relationship between them [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE]is getting worse and worse, owing to the fact that tourists do not perform as decently as what local people think. Further research reveals that this is attributed to the fact that visitors are not familiar with local culture. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE]They take for granted that these cultures should be the same as theirs. As a result, by following the local customs and behavior, the alienation will be significantly alleviated.

Last edited:

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Some suggestions.

Some people firmly believe that adhering to the cultures of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] local communities contributes positively to these visitors (I assume you have previously identified "these visitors" in some way.) and local residents. The most evident reason has to do with the tension between these two groups. According to some reports, the relationship between them [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE]is getting worse and worse, owing to the fact that tourists do not perform behave as decently as what local people think. Further research reveals that this is attributed to the fact that visitors are not familiar with local culture. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE]They take for granted that these cultures should be the same as theirs. As a result, by following the local customs and behavior, the alienation will be significantly alleviated reduced.

I suggest the two words to be changed (in blue).

not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.