[General] Do you think these sentences are logically and grammatically correct? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wang.cupid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
The following part is used in my essay to prove that the equal numbers of males and females should be enrolled in every subject. What do you think of it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, others claim that the equal numbers of females and males amounts to worse education for females. The reason might involve the recognition that not every female is interested in those subjects that men are interested in, say, Electrical Engineering. Here I part company. As a matter of fact, females are not fascinated by the these disciplines only because they are stereotyped to do so. Abundant examples have contradicted males' commonplace thought. Take my university as an example, over half of females register for some subjects dominated by men.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The following part is used in my essay to prove that the equal numbers of males and females should be enrolled in every subject. What do you think of it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, others claim that [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] having equal numbers of females and males [STRIKE]amounts to worse education for females[/STRIKE]
would cause the standard of education for the females to go down.
would be bad for the education for the females.
would adversely affect the education of the females.

The reason [STRIKE]might involve the recognition[/STRIKE] could be due to the perception that not every female is interested in those subjects that men are interested in, say, Electrical Engineering.

Here I part company.

As a matter of fact, females are not fascinated by the these disciplines only because they are stereotyped to do so. Abundant examples have contradicted males' commonplace thought. (sentences need to be reworded)

Take my university as an example, over half of females register for some subjects dominated by men.

not a teacher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.