Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
In this system, heavier grit particles settle to the bottom of the channel, while lighter organic particles remain suspended or are resuspended and transported out of the channel.

In this system talking about separate particles in Wastewater, I used to use dictionary to translate but I don't get. Whom know about it please explain me.

Thank you

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
In this system, heavier grit particles settle to the bottom of the channel, while lighter organic particles remain suspended or are resuspended and transported out of the channel.

In this system talking about separate particles in Wastewater, I used to use dictionary to translate but I don't get. Whom know about it please explain me.

Thank you
In this system, heavier grit particles settle to the bottom (of the channel), while lighter organic particles remain suspended and are transported out of the channel.
This is OK,although the part in brackets could be left out. "The lighter particles remain suspended" means that they are suspended in the water, they don't sink to the bottom.

chester_100

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Yes. Some further points:

It is taking about a system in which heavy pieces (heavier grit particles) go down and they continue to be in that place (settle).
Lighter particles don't go down- maybe because they are not heavy enough to be drawn by the force of gravitation.
So lighter particles remain somewhere in the middle of the container, and then they are removed (transported) from the system.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Why do you have to say that the particles
'remain suspended or are resuspended'?