• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

Need an advice !

Hi, I think I need advices from who are learning English.
    I'm not sure there is either anyone who has the same problem with me or not.
    My problem is sometimes I feel very difficult to learn more new words although I've had some times of learning new words well with no much difficulty. Especially, the difficulty goes up to me when I have no much time to spend with learning English.
    I don't usually try to learn anyway at that times because I don't want to feel hard when learning English. It lasts for near a week even sometimes for half a month and then I come back with the real ability to learn English easily as well as I usually do before.
    After all, I think I love English much enough to overcome all difficulties.
    Can you share with me your experience about this problem please?
    Thank you !

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Need an advice !

Quote Originally Posted by crazYgeeK View Post
    Hi, I think I need advices advice from others who are learning English.
    I'm not sure if there is either anyone who has the same problem as me or not.
    My problem is sometimes I feel that it is very difficult to learn more new words although I've had some times of learning in the past I have been able to learn new words well without no much difficulty. Especially, the difficulty goes up to me I find it especially difficult when I have no don't have much time to spend with learning English.
    I don't usually try to learn anyway at that those times because I don't want it to feel hard when learning to learn English. It lasts for nearly a week, even sometimes for half a month (or two weeks) and then I come back with the real renewed ability to learn English as easily as well as I usually do did before.
    Thank you !
    As you requested help from other people learning English, I will leave them to give you the benefit of their experience, but I have made some corrections to your original post just to help out.

One thing though - you say you love English enough to overcome all difficulties, but also say that you don't want it to feel difficult to learn! Unfortunately, learning a new language is not easy, it takes hard work so if you love it as much as you say you do, then you will study even when it's difficult!

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Need an advice !

Quote Originally Posted by crazYgeeK View Post
    Hi, I think I need advices from who are learning English.
    I'm not sure there is either anyone who has the same problem with me or not.
    My problem is sometimes I feel very difficult to learn more new words although I've had some times of learning new words well with no much difficulty. Especially, the difficulty goes up to me when I have no much time to spend with learning English.
    I don't usually try to learn anyway at that times because I don't want to feel hard when learning English. It lasts for near a week even sometimes for half a month and then I come back with the real ability to learn English easily as well as I usually do before.
    Thank you !
    This happens to me when I'm learning Spanish and Italian.
    Most teachers would tell you to persevere and learn small amounts regularly. I tend to learn a lot in a small space of time, then lose interest for a week or two - especially, as you say, when I have other things I must do.
    I don't think this is necessarily a problem if you're going forward at a rate that you're happy with, and not forgetting too much of what you learn.