Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
In France, burqa (veil) is banned on women to wear in public places. This law has been passed by the French Assembly with 335 votes and 1 in negative. Interpretation of this law corroborated the fact that if any women found in burqa (veil) would be penalised 150 Euro and at the same time if men found guilty to force their women to wear veil they would also be convicted under the law.

This imposition of law would create difficulties for the muslims in France at widespread, who are exercising their culture freely before this codification in the law. These events followed by 9/11 are making lives of muslims difficult in European countries. But they have to follow multicultureism to survive with sagacity in these non-muslim population dominated countries.

(Please check above paragraph. Thank You very much in advance. Grade me out of 10. and please tell me about my english level/expression.)

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In France, the burqa (veil) is banned [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE]for women to wear in public places. It would be better to say 'the wearing of the burqa is banned' This law [STRIKE]has been[/STRIKE]was passed by the French Assembly with 335 votes for and 1 [STRIKE]in negative[/STRIKE]against. Interpretation of this law corroborated :?: I'd just say 'This meant that women could be fined...' the fact that if any women found [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE]wearing a burqa (veil) would be [STRIKE]penalised [/STRIKE]fined 150 Euro and at the same time if men were found guilty [STRIKE]to force[/STRIKE]of forcing :?:[STRIKE]their[/STRIKE]:?: women to wear veil they would also be convicted under the law.

[STRIKE]This[/STRIKE]The imposition of this law [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] creates many difficulties for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] muslims in France [STRIKE]at widespread[/STRIKE], who [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE]were exercising their culture freely before this [STRIKE]codification in the[/STRIKE] law was enacted. These events followed by other restrictions resulting from the '9/11' attacks are making the lives of muslims difficult in European countries. :?: But they have to follow multicultureism to survive with sagacity in these non-muslim population dominated countries. :?:

(Please check above paragraph. Thank You very much in advance. Grade me out of 10. and please tell me about my english level/expression.)

I don't understand the last sentence at all, but the rest is pretty good ;-)

b
PS Other posters: please restrict yourself to comments about the language.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I thought the burqa was the whole body covering, and the hajib was the headscarf?

(This is a language question, I think - you want people to have the right picture in their mind.)

Farhaj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I thought the burqa was the whole body covering, and the hajib was the headscarf?

(This is a language question, I think - you want people to have the right picture in their mind.)

Yes You are right. Burqa covers whole body whereas Hijab covers only face.

And thank you for responding in time to my posts. I need your constant support to improve my english. You all people, Moderator, Teachers are respectable for me. If my any comment does or will hurt your feelings so please pardon me. There is no deliberate action to hurt anybody's feelings.

Thank You once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.