• Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Georgia
      • Current Location:
      • Georgia

Mistakes in my translation

Dear all,

please correct this translation.

Everyday close to the evening the policeman was on patrol. It was a remote district the last houses of which were situated on the border of a forest. Only two houses were
    occupied, the others were still empty. The policeman was acquainted with one of the
    families. They moved to that house lately. He was not acquainted with them yet. He
    only knew that they were very rich. Going round his district he noticed a blinking light
    in a window. In order to prevent a short circuit he decided to warn the inhabitants about the danger.

I wanted to correct my translation in Editing and Writing stories, but I did not manage to do it. Should I be registered once again to use that page?
    Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Mistakes in my translation

Quote Originally Posted by sondra View Post
    Dear all,

please correct this translation.

Everyday close to during the evening [close to sunset?] the policeman was on patrol. It was a remote district, the last outermost houses of which were situated on the border of a forest. Only two houses were occupied; the others were still empty. The policeman was acquainted with one of the families. They had moved to that house lately recently. He was not acquainted with them yet.
    [You just said he was! Do you mean he wasn't acquainted with the second family?]
    He only knew that they were very rich. Going round his district he noticed a blinking light in a window. In order to prevent a short circuit he decided to warn the inhabitants about the danger. [It isn't clear to me why a policeman would infer danger from a blinking light. You might need to explain that a bit more.]

I wanted to correct my translation in Editing and Writing stories, but I did not manage to do it. Should I be registered once again to use that page?
    No. You were just unlucky that no one corrected your post there.
    Thank you.
    R.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Georgia
      • Current Location:
      • Georgia

Re: Mistakes in my translation

This is a translation of a short story. I am not responsible for the content. I do not know why the policeman had to do it.
    Thank you very much for correcting my translation.