Exclamation advise for learning english

I need a bit advise about self-learning-english which we can do in daily life. Such as watching movie, enjoy radio or music to improve listening, novel to develop reading. but how about writing and speaking?

i heard from my prior english teacher which is native we can write diary to improve writing but i cant find it as a good way to learn because i dont know if it is right or wrong because grammar is my weakness point.

and speaking, of course we have to speak but it sound so hard for me because i surrounded with non native speaker or even my own people who cant speak english at all.

How can i do it by my self?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: advise for learning english

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiroichi View Post
    I need a bit of advice about self-learning English which we can do in daily life, such as watching movies, enjoy listening to the radio or music to improve listening, novels to develop reading. But how about writing and speaking?

I heard from my prior last English teacher, which who is a native speaker, that we can write a diary to improve writing but I cant don't find it as a good way to learn because I don't know if it is right or wrong, because grammar is my weakness point.

And speaking - of course we have to speak but it sound is so hard for me because I am surrounded with by non-native speakers or even and by my own people who can't speak English at all.

How can I do it by myself?
    Please see my amendments to your post above.

I agree with you that learning a language is not easy if you're not having formal lessons and if you don't have anyone locally to practice with. Your teacher was right that watching movies and listening to the radio are great ways to develop your ear for the language. Speaking is more difficult. Is there really no-one locally that you can practice with?

If you want to write a daily diary in order to practice your writing, you could do so by posting the entries on this forum (don't make them too long) and the members will happily check and correct your posts.