Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Since there is not as bigger a generation gap among other elderly people as there is between seniors and their younger family members, it will be easier for them to find someone to relive their golden times with, and to chat with, as well as to live comfortably and enjoyably.

Dear all,

I am writting an essay about why some seniors would like to live at a nursing home. Could you please tell me whether the above makes sense to you? Thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Since there is not as big[STRIKE]ger[/STRIKE] a generation gap among other elderly people as there is between seniors and their younger family members, it will be easier for them to find someone to relive their golden times with, and to chat with, as well as to live comfortably and enjoyably.

Dear all,

I am writting an essay about why some seniors would like to live at a nursing home. Could you please tell me whether the above makes sense to you? Thanks

I understand what you mean. The only amendment I've made is in the first sentence. It's "as big ... as", not "as bigger as".

LQZ

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I understand what you mean. The only amendment I've made is in the first sentence. It's "as big ... as", not "as bigger as".
Thanks.

LQZ

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China

;-)Hi, teacher,

I am back with another questions. Could you please tell me whether I can leave out other without changing the meaning? Thanks.

Since there is not as big a generation gap among [STRIKE]other [/STRIKE]elderly people as there is between seniors and their younger family members, it will be easier for them to find someone to relive their golden times with, and to chat with, as well as to live comfortably and enjoyably.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
;-)Hi, teacher,

I am back with another questions. Could you please tell me whether I can leave out other without changing the meaning? Thanks.

Now that I've re-read the paragraph, I actually think it sounds better without "other"!

LQZ

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Now that I've re-read the paragraph, I actually think it sounds better without "other"!
Thank you so much. Have a nice day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.