• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Little help please!!

Hi, I've a little problem with punctuation and spaces around it.I just need to know where to use the punctuation marks& every thing about it. I've promised someone here in UE that the next time in my posts there won't be any punctuation mistakes. so please can any one help me to keep my word and be better in that punctuation thing
    Cheers

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Little help please!!

Quote Originally Posted by muffin View Post
    Hi, I've a little problem with punctuation and spaces around it.I just need to know where to use the punctuation marks& every thing about it. I've promised someone here in UE that the next time in my posts there won't be any punctuation mistakes. so please can any one help me to keep my word and be better in that punctuation thing
    Cheers
    Here are the basics:

Full stop:: Comes at the end of a sentence. No space before it. One space directly after it.

Comma:: no space before it, but one space directly after it.

Question mark: at the end of a question. No space before it. One space directly after it.

Exclamation mark: at the end of an exclamation. No space before it. One space directly after it.

Brackets (this kind): space before the "open bracket", then type the contents immediately after the open bracket. No space before the "close bracket". Space directly after the close bracket. Example:

My father (who is 62 years old) is called Gerald.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

Re: Little help please!!

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Here are the basics:

Full stop:: Comes at the end of a sentence. No space before it. One space directly after it.

Comma:: no space before it, but one space directly after it.

Question mark: at the end of a question. No space before it. One space directly after it.

Exclamation mark: at the end of an exclamation. No space before it. One space directly after it.

Brackets (this kind): space before the "open bracket", then type the contents immediately after the open bracket. No space before the "close bracket". Space directly after the close bracket. Example:

My father (who is 62 years old) is called Gerald.
    Thanks, you were very helpful.