Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Dear Teachers,

What does "sheep-pursuit" mean as in "...Venus is now a minor celebrity, about to appear on sheep-pursuit reality show, I'm a Celebrity Shepherd"?:-?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear Teachers,

What does "sheep-pursuit" mean as in "...Venus is now a minor celebrity, about to appear on sheep-pursuit reality show, I'm a Celebrity Shepherd"?:-?

I assume you know what a "shepherd" is? What shepherds (and sheepdogs) do is chase sheep, with a view to getting them together and then moving them into a specific area. Another word for "chase" is "pursue" and the noun is "pursuit".

So "sheep-pursuit" is the noun for pursuing/chasing sheep.

Eway

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I assume you know what a "shepherd" is? What shepherds (and sheepdogs) do is chase sheep, with a view to getting them together and then moving them into a specific area. Another word for "chase" is "pursue" and the noun is "pursuit".

So "sheep-pursuit" is the noun for pursuing/chasing sheep.

What's that to do with celebrity reality show?:-?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What's that to do with celebrity reality show?:-?

Well, these days, TV producers seem to be willing to make celebrity reality shows from just about anything! It appears from your quote that they are making/have made one called "Celebrity Shepherds" where presumably celebrities will be made to try to learn how to be a shepherd, supposedly for entertainment.

Personally, I would rather poke my eyes out with sharp sticks than watch that kind of trash, but some people seem to enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.