help me plz..

my ielts exam is in a few days..

writing task 2 (academic).... write 150 words.

In this report, I will describe a graph that shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over, between the years 1940 and 2040, that is, a century, and i am going to compare these differences between namely, Japan ,Sweden and U.S.A.

First I will look at the graph corresponding to Japan. The population started with 5% and decreased over the first 20 years, then, it stabalises for the same number of years.At the beginning of the 21st century the percentage of the population doubles gradually until the year 2030. Finally, during the last decade,it is predicted that the percentages will shoot up to 27%.However, Sweden saw fluctuations in the percentages over the century.Its population of 65+ started from (7%) and continued to vary erratically until it reached (25%).

To conclude, the U.S.A graph, has the most than the other 2 graphs.Beginning with, 8% ,from then on,the numbers increase steadily for the next 2 decades,then, shoot up to 15% in 1980. It hovers for a relatively long period of 40 years.Then, it is predicted that the maximum it will reach is 23%.

plz just check my english.... how much band width can i score in this one???

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: help me plz..

Quote Originally Posted by nogy View Post

In this report I will describe a graph that shows the proportion of the population aged 65 and over, between the years 1940 and 2040 - that is, a century - and I am going to compare these differences between Japan, Sweden and the U.S.A.

First I will look at the graph relating to Japan. The population starts with 5% and decreases over the first 20 years. Then it stabilises for the same number of years. At the beginning of the 21st century the percentage of the population doubles gradually until 2030. Finally, during the last decade, it is predicted that the percentage will shoot up to 27%.

However, Sweden saw fluctuations in the percentages over the century. Its population of 65+ started from 7% and continued to vary erratically until it reached 25%.

To conclude, the U.S.A graph has more than either of the other two graphs. Beginning with 8%, from then on the numbers increases steadily for the next two deades, then shoots up to 15% in 1980. It hovers for a relatively long period of 40 years. Finally, it is predicted that the maximum it will reach is 23%.
    Rover