help plz.. ielts exam is a couple of days..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

nogy

Member Type
Student or Learner
ielts academic writing

writing task 2
question:In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.
(write 250 words.)

my answer:
Finishing high school is an important step taken by all students at school.It is one of the main "building blocks" of their knowledge and education.Then comes either starting university studies or taking a gap year to experience work. Which is the best choice?

Well, first of all, the answer to this qusetion differs from a student to another. It actually depends on each students perspective of this topic,because each individual will look at it from different angles.In today's modern,fast lane world, i believe that education is a crucial aspect in one's lives.Secondly,the more a person knows the more they are prepared for the world therefore,the more likely they will find a job opportunity than their counter parts.

On the other hand, work experience is also important to any student at a young age because it broadens their horizons. Moreover,it provides them with the experience of the outside world.This is helpful to anyone because,they are used to books and theories , whereas, work is in fact ,a practical way of learning.Thus, pupils become well-rounded amd ready for any challenges or competitions they might face.Also, travel is an essential part of learning,as,it introduces different cultures and traditions from all around the world to the student.

In conclusion, I believe that the advantages of starting university studies outweight the advantages of work.Hence, i think that students should go to university right after graduating from high school.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your answer is pretty good.

Leave a space after a comma or full stop, not before it. Like I just did then.

Capitalise I every time, like I just did then.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.