Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I translated this news from and Arabic-news website. So please proofread it carefully. This is a part of my studying of English language, to write English as stories and sentences and really I get a great help from this unique website. This is the website that I have translated from ?BBC Arabic? - ?????? ??????? - ?????? ??????? ????? ???????? ?????? ?? ????? ???????????

United Nation pleads Saudi Arabia to stop of migrating Somalis

United Nation has pleaded Saudi Arabia to stop migrating Somalis to their country because of the flaring up violence there.

Daily battles have been occurring in Muqdisho, the capital, between the Islamic forces and the government militaries which supports by the peace-keeping forces which following to the African Union.

United Nation also pleaded all the world countries not to migrating Somalis to the North-central Somali because most of the domination is under the Al-Shabab forces which following to Al-Qaida.

The current government doesn’t dominate except several parts in the capital, Moqdisho.

A lot of Somalis have fled from Somali toward Yemen by getting a help from the contrabandist on the road of Khalij Aladan. Part of them already reached Saudi Arabia.

Violence actions have been continuing in Moqdisho, the capital, and the biggest part of south Somalia since two decades nearly.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: United Nation pleads Saudi Arabia to stop of migrating Somalis

United Nations pleads with Saudi Arabia to stop [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] the migrat[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE]ion of Somalis

The United Nations has pleaded with Saudi Arabia to stop [STRIKE]migrating[/STRIKE] the migration of Somalis to their country because of the violence flaring up there (where? Saudi Arabia or Somalia?).

Daily battles have been occurring in [STRIKE]Muqdisho[/STRIKE] Mogadishu, the capital, between the Islamic forces and the government militaries which [STRIKE]supports[/STRIKE] are supported by the peace-keeping forces which following to (I don't know what you mean by this) the African Union.

The United Nations also pleaded with all [STRIKE]the world[/STRIKE] countries not to [STRIKE]migrating[/STRIKE] move(?) Somalis to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] North-central Somalia because most of the [STRIKE]domination[/STRIKE] area is under the control of Al-Shabab forces which [STRIKE]following to[/STRIKE] follow Al-Qaida.

The current government doesn’t dominate, except in several parts [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of the capital, [STRIKE]Moqdisho[/STRIKE] Mogadishu.

A lot of Somalis have fled from Somalia toward Yemen [STRIKE]by getting a[/STRIKE] helped by [STRIKE]from the[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]contrabandist[/STRIKE] smugglers on the road [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] to Khalij Aladan (or the Khalij Aladan Road). [STRIKE]Part[/STRIKE] Some of them have already reached Saudi Arabia.

Violence [STRIKE]actions have[/STRIKE] has been continuing in [STRIKE]Moqdisho[/STRIKE] Mogadishu, the capital, and the biggest part of south Somalia [STRIKE]since[/STRIKE] for nearly two decades. [STRIKE]nearly.[/STRIKE]

My amendments are marked in red, and my queries are in blue.

Notes:

The country is called Somalia
The people are called Somalis (singular - Somali)
English spelling of the capital is Mogadishu.
We refer to "The United Nations".
We "plead with" someone to do something.

I don't really know what you mean by "the migration of". People migrate from one country to another. Usually, people are not "migrated" by another country. Do you mean that Saudi Arabia is forcing Somalis to move around Somalia, or even to move to Saudi Arabia?

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Re: United Nation pleads Saudi Arabia to stop of migrating Somalis

I don't really know what you mean by "the migration of". People migrate from one country to another. Usually, people are not "migrated" by another country. Do you mean that Saudi Arabia is forcing Somalis to move around Somalia, or even to move to Saudi Arabia? Yes, Saudi Arabia forces somalis to move to somali but I don't know what it called in English.

Are there differences between?
Plead the:
Plead with: someone to do something.
because of the violence flaring up there (where? Saudi Arabia or Somalia?). Somalia
[STRIKE]which following to (I don't know what you mean by this)[/STRIKE] which follow the African Union.
What is the difference between contrabandist and smuggler? I think they are same.

Oh my God, I did a lot of mistakes. That maybe depends on the style of English language which differs from Arabic language. I hope that my writing will be better in the next days. Really I didn’t get attention to the names because I thought that I was on right.

Thank you for your help. Really I appreciate your kind behave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.