Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
On the second day of first test match between Pakistan and England, both teams faced ups and downs. England lost his last 6 wickets on just 23 runs and they were succeeded to make a good total of 354 on bouncy and dry pitch. Pakistan started his game by loosing 6 wickets on just 47 runs. NO one could resist ENglish bollers apart ASIF and SHOAIB. They took their team score on 105 but SHOIB could n t face FNN s bowling for a long time. His catch was caught by STRUSS who was standing on third slip.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
On the second day of the first test match between Pakistan and England, both teams faced ups and downs. England lost [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] their last 6 wickets [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] for just 23 runs, and they [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] succeeded [STRIKE]to make[/STRIKE] in making a good total of 354 on a bouncy and dry pitch.

Pakistan started [STRIKE]his[/STRIKE] the game by [STRIKE]loosing[/STRIKE] losing 6 wickets [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] for just 47 runs. [STRIKE]NO one[/STRIKE] No-one could resist (perhaps "deal with") the English [STRIKE]bollers[/STRIKE] bowlers apart from Asif and Shoaib. They took [STRIKE]their team[/STRIKE] Pakistan's score [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] to 105 but Shoaib [STRIKE]could n t[/STRIKE] couldn't face FNN's bowling for[STRIKE] a long time[/STRIKE] very long. [STRIKE]His catch [/STRIKE] He was caught out by Struss who was standing [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] at third slip.

See above for my amendments. Cricket's not my favourite sport, but I'm pretty sure I've got the terminology right!!!

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Good try, emsr.

(Para 2) 'Pakistan started their first innings and soon lost 6 wickets for just 47 runs'.

(Last sentence) 'He was caught by Strauss at third slip.'

'FNN' should be 'Finn' and 'STRUSS' is 'Strauss'.

Rover

adnanmushtaq

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
See above for my amendments. Cricket's not my favourite sport, but I'm pretty sure I've got the terminology right!!!
thak you very much

adnanmushtaq

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
thank you soooo much, you are very good in cricket terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.