• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • Sri Lanka
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Regarding the correctness of a self coined term

Prelude : Me and my friend were discussing politics. He called one leader "a piranha" during the discussion. I sarcastically retorted to him by saying "Yes, she is indeed a "piranha of politics" who thrives on 'eating' corruption, corrupt people and everything which is bad." By eating, I meant to say she is very anti-corruption mindset person and so on.

So my question is: Did I coin the phrase "piranha of politics" "correctly" in my reply ? Or is it wrong and doesn't make any senses ? This is what I would like to know from forum members. Please do help me.

Regards and thanks
    Last edited by Joe333; 31-Jul-2010 at 17:59. Reason: typos

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Regarding the correctness of a self coined term

Quote Originally Posted by razer View Post
    Prelude : Me and My friend and I were discussing politics. He called one leader "a piranha" during the discussion. I sarcastically retorted to her by saying "Yes, she is indeed a "piranha of politics" who thrives on 'eating' corruption, corrupt people and everything which is bad." By eating, I meant to say she is has a very 'anti-corruption' mindset person and so on.

So my question is: Did I coin the phrase "piranha of politics" "correctly" in my reply? Or is it wrong and doesn't make any senses sense? This is what I would like to know from forum members. Please do help me.

Regards and thanks
    Personally, I like your new phrase!!! Please note my amendments to your post above though. Note that you do not put a space before a question mark, only after it.

Edit: I just noticed that in your original you said "He said..." but then "I retorted to her...". Make sure you use the correct pronouns when writing.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • Sri Lanka
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Re: Regarding the correctness of a self coined term

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Personally, I like your new phrase!!! Please note my amendments to your post above though. Note that you do not put a space before a question mark, only after it.

Edit: I just noticed that in your original you said "He said..." but then "I retorted to her...". Make sure you use the correct pronouns when writing.
    Yes sir noted whatever you told me. Thanks a lot for replying. It really, really helped.